Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ya might be an environmental redneck if.......

.... you actually think that this makes "green" sense:

http://getgreenracingnow.com/index.html

I know... I know... the mind boggles... that someone would even consider this idea for more than a millisecond. Stop for a few moments and let it sink in. Take as much time as you need. It`s hard to conceive isn`t it?

I guess it just never occurred to them that there probably aren't any road vehicles that could burn more fossil fuels and emit more CO2 for less practical value than those two vehicles and their intended purpose.



Now don`t get me wrong. I enjoy a good car race as much as the next guy. But like the other 6 billion people on the planet, I just never made a ``green`` connection to the sport.

Well, these geniuses will fit right in with the global environmental jet setting crowd. You know those people who range around the world in their fossil-fuel guzzling CO2-spewing private jets to remind us of the great and painful sacrifices that you and I need to undertake to save the world from the imminent CO2 global warming catastrophe.

You know who I'm talking about... Al Gore, the IPCC chairman Rajendra Pachauri, the musicians of the Live Earth rock concerts, and the multi-thousands of assorted scientist/activists who will be jetting off to CANCUN, Mexico, (I kid you not) this November for the next annual IPCC conference.

One of the first thoughts that crossed my mind when I saw that website, is that somehow Al Gore must have some connection to this incredible absurdity. I mean, just one of Al Gore's several houses uses twenty times more energy than an average American home. And an average American home is already way above the global average for energy use.

Yeah... Al Gore has gotta be connected to this somehow. Hypocrisy of this magnitude is almost always connected to Al Gore.

So who are these redne..... err..... environmental racing enthusiasts?

Check out the contacts page on their website. Some person named Kris Moorman at kris@consultbamboo.com appears to the errr.... brains (?) behind the marketing of this particular "green" endeavor.

A quick online search takes us to this website for Bamboo Consulting. If you go to their partners page you will find this link.

Bear with me now, we are almost there.

Now go to their about us link and... voila...

Huh? Huh? What`d I tell you?

Only in Al Gore`s world can we witness such breathtaking displays of cognitively dissonant enterprises as ``The Green Racing Team``.

No comments:

Post a Comment